ryan-ashley anderson


*****

Thursday, January 7, 2010

knitting and snowfall





i came to ohio to see my best friend, rachel, who is pretty much the only friend i have who connects me to a world outside of asheville and school and work. i feel so privileged to have somebody whose company is so fulfilling, the yearn for it forces me onto the road and across state lines to a place not much unlike my own except for the largeness of the college and continual snowfall.

we've spent most of our time working, but it's hard to call what we've been doing work when the company has been so great and the work so enjoyable. she's working on her dissertation, of which i am so lucky to hear little bits and pieces, and i'm working on knitting projects and letter-writing, and blog posting, and playtime with panda. living in a place like asheville where i am supposed to have so much opportunity for artistically enlightening experiences, an outpouring of community cultural projects, and great food, at times i begin feeling stunted. even though i never really go into town except for work, it feels like i've seen it all. of course, i haven't, but these feelings come anytime a person's really settled into a place. my time away, with rachel, has provided me with the intellectual and visual stimulation i've needed to re-inspire my projects and plans, and although i don't want to leave, i am ready to get back to a space where i can continue really working.

here are some pictures of my snow play with panda...

No comments:

Post a Comment