ryan-ashley anderson


*****

Thursday, August 26, 2010

this will last forever


this will last forever
Originally uploaded by tangleborn.
these are the first of my new "this will last forever" locket series.

i remember as a little girl having a locket with a picture of myself and my mother, and feeling really secure knowing those photos of us were right there. it's almost unheard of for people to have photo albums anymore, or at least to maintain/update them. everybody has digital albums.

i want to touch the photos. i want to really SEE them. i want to encourage people to keep their loved ones close to their hearts.

these will be just a couple of the pieces featured in my new space at the gallery Atelier 24 Lexington on lexington avenue in downtown asheville. i'm setting the space up on tuesday. i got a sweet little telephone table for the display and can't wait to put it all together and put my new work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment